Your Way. Supporting Youth Mental Health
RBC Race for the Kids is Back! Design your race, your way, and join us on October 15, 2023 to support youth mental health!
Join us on or before October 15th for the 2023 RBC Race for the Kids and help us grow RVH to expand access to lifesaving mental health care for all the children in our region and the families who love them.
Register now and you'll receive a free race day t-shirt and access to a fun-filled afternoon at Allandale Station Park on October 15 including live music, family-friendly activities, and a free pizza lunch care of Dominos Barrie.
OUR COLLECTIVE IMPACT
Runners signed up
- Everyone who registers will receive a commemorative RBC Race for the Kids t-shirt, while supplies last.
- Everyone who raises $100 will receive a $10 Tim Hortons gift card.
- The first 20 participants to raise $250 will receive a limited edition Keep Life Wild tote bag.
- The first 10 participants who raise $500 will receive limited edition Keep Life Wild baseball cap.
- Every participant who raises $1,000 or more will receive an incredible Keep Life Wild quarter zip sweater.
- The top individual fundraiser will receive a Keep Life Wild prize pack valued at $300
- The top fundraising team will have the opportunity to enjoy a celebratory meal with a $500 gift card to a local restaurant.
Come Celebrate With Us!
Together, we can have a direct impact on the lives of thousands of young people across the Simcoe Muskoka region. Join us as we raise funds to ensure young people in crisis have the right care when and where they need it, close to home.
RBC Race for the Kids, supporting youth charities around the world
Over the past decade, the RBC Race for the Kids series has grown to include 25+ charitable events raising more than $82 million CAD for local charity partners.
RBC is supporting virtual and live family fun runs all over the world in 2023. Please join a race close to you and help these amazing youth charities continue their important work.
Thank you for your support!
YOUTH FROM ACROSS OUR REGION ACCESS MENTAL HEALTH CARE AT RVH CARE ANNUALLY
OF MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES BEGIN IN CHILDHOOD
1 IN 5
CANADIANS EXPERIENCE MENTAL ILLNESS
Why Your Support Matters
Your support will directly impact the lives of young people experiencing a mental health crisis, and the families who love them.
Through the Hearts and Minds campaign, you helped us raise more than $25 million to open the eight-bed inpatient unit at the end of 2017. Since then, approximately 2,400 children have been able to access life-saving inpatient mental health care at RVH.
That’s close 500 young people each year who can get critical mental health care close to home and close to the comfort and support of family and friends.
And that care doesn’t stop upon discharge. Our patients, their caregivers and families are all part of the treatment and transitional plan, including continuing care, in collaboration with our community partners and our own outpatient programs, for as long as that care is needed.
Our region is growing, outpacing the resources available. RVH is the only regional health centre in Simcoe Muskoka to provide this important care for our kids. An expansion to RVH, and to our CYMH program, will help ensure we can provide this care to everyone who needs it here in our region, helping our kids to stay healthy and stay wild.